This is short notice, but I just heard about it yesterday and plan to attend the first session on Friday in ENG 488 at 10 am, the second session is in the same space at 2pm.
– A semester-long SJSU/ Intel Rapid Prototyping Competition sponsored by the College of Engineering and the College of Humanities and the Arts will be launched on Friday, September 12th.
– Faculty from Engineering and Art will work together to assemble student teams who will develop projects throughout the Fall semester. Projects will be presented to faculty and Intel at the end of the development cycle. Winning teams earn scholarship $’s and an opportunity to work directly with Intel Labs to further develop their projects.
– Scholarship award prizes to the top 3 teams as judged by Intel and industry professionals
($5k, $4k, $3k for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
– Materials support for project development by teams from art and engineering
– Free Intel development boards for teams