The Game Development Club at SJSU is proud to host Global Game Jam 2015 on SJSU campus.
This 48 hour game jam has yielded games that have been crowd funded and otherwise published as well as games that have won awards at IndieCade and other festivals.
Game Dev always welcomes everyone, and even if this is your first game jam or even your first game we believe you have something to contribute and welcome you. Last year we had a bunch of great games that went on to be presented at Rockage, so we plan to do the same thing this year.
What will the theme be? Well that we won’t know until Friday Jan 23, but until then you can familiarize yourself with your favorite game engine or look over our arcade control scheme: http://sjsugamedev.com/node/565
1) Make an account at the Global Game Jam Site: http://globalgamejam.org/user/register/to/participate
2) Join the SJSU Jam Site: http://globalgamejam.org/2015/jam-sites/san-jose-state-university
3) Join the Facebook event and introduce yourself: https://www.facebook.com/events/505413546263372/
Start a conversation and help us get to know you, it will be easier to get into a group this way, but it is not necessary.
4) Come to the first Game Dev meeting of the semester on Thursday Jan 22 at 7pm in the Mezzanine of the Library (right above the children’s section.) Meet more people!
5) Come to Global Game Jam prepared. The pre-jam starts at 430 in WSQ 109, we will be doing icebreakers and finding out what skills we have and what we like to play and want to make. If you are new, check out this video which sums up what you should be thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06QR-tz1_o
6) Have Fun. Fail Faster. Remember to hydrate, sleep and personal hygiene.
7) Feedback feedback feedback. Help us make our events better, we shall be posting a before and after survey that should be pretty easy and fun and will help us make more awesome events in the future.
8) For a nice overview of the process take a look at this slide-set: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gzJpXquXfzQH6tlUDVzO38W5OCOEa7h5xKccIYKdmQw/edit?usp=sharing
Signing up sooner guarantees you a spot, we are going to limit participation on site so that everyone has room to work, but teams working offsite that come for the kickoff and the followup are also welcome. Everyone is welcome!